February 1, 2010

Paneer Butter Masala

For today's lunch, we made Chappathi and a side of Paneer Butter Masala. Contrary to its name, it did not have a lot of butter. I kind of worked my way on the recipe after looking at a few, and not having all the ingredients required by any of them.

I had frozen cubed paneer, which I sauteed in butter, till the paneer turned brown. Keeping the paneer aside, I added cumin (both regular and black), one chopped onion, an inch of diced ginger and let it cook for a few minutes. Then I added salt, a tsp of garam masala and a tsp of kitchen king masala, a dash of red chili powder. Once the onion was soft, I added a couple tablespoons of tomato sauce, about 10 oz of water, let cook for a few more minutes. After adjusting the seasoning, I added the paneer to this mixture, and thickened the sauce with a couple of teaspoons of almond butter. Garnished with dried methi and chopped coriander, the dish was delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments, we appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...