August 8, 2011

Spicy Green Beans

Inspired by Kalyn's recipe, I made this Spicy Sichuan style Green Beans for dinner last night. I added more ingredients including bok choy and mushrooms and the dish turned out great. It was very flavorful and my parents who usually don't eat mushrooms enjoyed this dish. I was happy to use up some of the produce from the farmer's market that needed using up soon. I like having other people in the kitchen when I cook, and it becomes a communal effort. Last night having a bunch of friends over, it was fun to have them help with slicing and dicing and mincing, and I gotta cook sipping wine :)



Ingredients: Green Beans - 1/2 pound - chopped to 1 inch pieces; Mushrooms - 1 cup (I used a mixture of crimini and shiitake); Bok Choy - 5 sliced thin; Scallions - 2 tbsp sliced finely; Ginger and Garlic - 2 tsps minced; Soy Sauce - 2 tsps; Rice wine vinegar - 1 tbsp; Sriracha hot sauce - 1/2 tsp; brown sugar - 1 tsp; Toasted sesame seeds - garnish.
  • In a small bowl mix together the soy sauce, vinegar, hot sauce, sugar.
  • Microwave the green beans with some water to soften them.
  • In a saute pan, heat some oil, add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
  • Add the bok choy, garlic, ginger and cook for a minute.
  • Add the green beans and the sauce mixture.
  • Add some water if needed and let it cook till the beans are tender.
  • Serve hot garnished with sesame seeds.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm this recipe looks so delicious and nice and i think that fits perfect with my taste and in my opinion is a very easy recipe, so i think i will try it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, we appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...