October 31, 2011

Turkish Fried Carrots

Posting a recipe from the archives today! I think this picture below is my first ever food picture of something I cooked :) The recipe for this is adapted from The Reader's Digest Vegetables & Desserts cookbook. I have made these carrots a few times and this picture is from when I made dinner at my friend Sujju's home a few years back, when I was still a grad student.



Ingredients: Carrots- 1 pound - sliced (at an angle); flour- 1 -2 tbsp (I used a mixture of salt, pepper & dried herbs); Yogurt - 1 cup; Olive oil - 2 tbsp; Salt & Pepper - to taste; Mint - garnish.
  • In a pot of boiling water, cook the carrots till they are a little tender.
  • Drain them, and toss the carrots in seasoned flour.
  • Heat the oil in a pan and fry the carrots till golden brown.
  • Season with salt & pepper.
  • Whisk the yogurt in a separate bowl, season if needed.
  • Serve the carrots in a bowl with the yogurt spooned over them. 
  • Garnish with chopped mint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments, we appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...