April 23, 2012

Plantains with Peas

Inspired by a recipe on Global Table Adventures, I made this as a side for last night's dinner. I didn't have corn and hence substituted peas. I made this spicy by adding berbere spice mix. I also sprinkled a tsp of coconut on this before turing off the heat. Checking Cameroon off my list!


Ingredients: Plantain - 1; chopped into small pieces; 1/2 Red Bell pepper - diced; Peas - 1/2 cup (I used frozen);  Salt & Pepper to taste; Berbere - 1 tsp (use any spice mix). 
  • In a pot, add olive oil and once hot, add the peas and cook for a couple of minutes
  • Add the plantain & red bell pepper. Season with salt & pepper & spice mix.
  • Saute for a couple of minutes, add about 1/4 cup of water.
  • Cover & simmer for about 5 minutes till the plantain is tender
  • Uncover and cook for a couple more minutes to slightly roast the veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments, we appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...