January 21, 2010

Jollof Rice from Ghana

The African Jollof rice is a one pot meal and I love one pot meals. This was a pretty simple dish to make, and I used seitan in it which I have not used before. The recipe below was inspired by Chef in You.


In the pan, sauté a small chopped onion, with cumin, ginger, garlic and green chilies. To this I added few small eggplants (brinjals) and a couple of potatoes (both diced), a handful of frozen peas, seasoned with salt and curry powder. After the vegetables softened, I added one can of diced tomatoes, and the seitan and let it cook for a few minutes. I used brown rice instead of white rice - about 1.5 cups with enough water, and covered the pressure cooker, and let it cook for about 7 whistles (brown rice takes longer to cook). Once sprinkled with some nutmeg and garnished with chopped mint, the dish was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments, we appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...