April 15, 2010

Skhug from Yemen

Skhug, a Yemeni hot sauce can be made with either red or green chilies. Here, I have obviously gone for the green one (skhug yarok). I actually followed the recipe posted on wikipedia this time. I used some of my stock of fire roasted New Mexican green chilies ~ these are the Sandia variety. I get them when I visit my PhD advisor in Kansas, and they are kind enough to send me home with some of their stock from NM :) And these are some of the most flavorful chilies I have had and simply love them!

Anyways, back to Skhug, I simply thawed some of the chilies, and minced them with a handful of cilantro, a little bit of salt and pepper, a couple of tsp of olive oil, a clove of garlic, a tsp of cumin and a pinch of cardamom. And of course I already tasted it and it is so good. Can't wait to use them in soups and stews and anything else I can think of in the next couple of weeks! Yum, yum, yum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments, we appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...