January 17, 2010

Falafel and yogurt sauce

For my cooking the world challenge, I made Falafel (Egypt) last night with a minty yogurt sauce. Instead of deep frying, I baked the falafel. The recipe was adapted from Librari(d)an, through Hungry Girl. The modifications I did were to use mint, instead of cilantro, a mixture of cumin and coriander powder, and instead of tahini, I added some toasted sesame seeds. My whole wheat flour was a little old, but other than that, the falafel turned out pretty good. However, next time, I want to increase the spiciness up a notch, as it was a little bland for Shankar's tastebuds. For the yogurt sauce, I whisked together 1/2 cup of labna, 1/2 cup sour cream, a little milk, lemon juice, finely chopped mint leaves, salt, and black pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments, we appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...