January 29, 2010

Pa Jun ~ Korean scallion pancake

Nupur from One Hot Stove started her post on Korean Pancakes that it will take just minutes to whip them up. How true! I made these pancakes for the first time last week, for lunch with a couple of friends, along with the Thai Green Papaya salad. My first thought when I tasted these was - I have been missing out all along!

For the pancakes, I whisked together - 1/2 cup rice flour, 1 cup all-purpose flour, one egg, few splashes of tamari soy sauce, salt and cold water. To this batter, In added chopped scallions and julienned carrots. Proceed to cook on a girdle, like regular pancakes or dosas. I diluted my batter to be more like a dosa and less like a pancake.


For the sauce to top the pancakes, I used the Maggi chili masala sauce, mixed with rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and a sorghum bourbon syrup. Hearty lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments, we appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...