October 11, 2012

Lablabi - Tunisian Chick Pea Stew

This simple dish with chick peas and garlic from African Dinner night turned out to be Shankar's favorite of the evening. Almost all the African dishes I have looked into so far have turned out to be very flavorful, yet easy to make one pot meals. Lablabi has many variations, but I followed this recipe, and it was very yummy!


Add two cans of drained and rinsed chickpeas in a pot with four cups of water (or less). Add three cloves of minced garlic, salt and cook for a few minutes. Then add two tablespoons of harissa - I used store bought one this time, though harissa (or hrissa) is pretty easy to make. Adjust salt per taste. I didn't have cumin powder, so I added toasted cumin. Cook till the chickpeas are tender. In a separate pan, brown two chopped up slices of bread (I used 7 grains). Before serving, add a spoon of olive oil and juice half a lemon over the chickpeas and stir in the croƻtons. A delicious stew in a few minutes!

I am sending this to Flavors of Tunisia, hosted by Simply Food.

1 comment:

  1. This stew looks delicious, thankyou very much for sending it in to flavours of Tunisia event.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, we appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...