June 13, 2010

Sweet Potato Rösti

For my Cooking the World challenge, when I wanted to cook a dish from Switzerland, I absolutely wanted to try making a Rösti ~ but with sweet potatoes instead! So here is what I made: I used a Japanese sweet potato, which I think is much more tastier than the regular variety. Shredded the sweet potato and microwaved it for a couple of minutes. To this I added 2 eggs, one tbsp of flour, salt, pepper, one small  chopped shallot, 1 clove of minced garlic and a pinch of dried herbs. Whisked everything together and spread the mixture on a hot girdle. Once the side is cooked, I slided the pancake to a plate and flipped it over the girdle to cook the other side. Topped it with a tbsp of crème fraiche. We had this along with a Quinoa-peanut stew for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments, we appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...