July 5, 2010

Katogo Matoke from Uganda

I had a non-functional keyboard on my laptop for the past week and has not been able to post on the blog and missed quite a few events. I am back now with a new keyboard, and hope to catch up. 

This recipe from Uganda adapted from here, has the influence of Indians who migrated there. The recipe is simple and doesn't take much time. I heated a tsp of olive oil in a pan, tempered 1/4 tsp of mustard seeds and cumin, and added 1/2 a chopped onion. Once the onions were soft, added 1 chopped tomato along with 2 cloves of minced garlic, grated ginger and a couple of chopped green chilies. To this I added 2 chopped plantains, and a pinch of turmeric, salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp of cumin/coriander powder. Then I added 1 tbsp of peanut butter and 1/2 cup of water. Once the stew boils, I served it with hot rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments, we appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...