December 14, 2010

Djuvec from Serbia

For a Thanksgiving potluck at my friend Emilie's place, I made this vegetable casserole adapted from a recipe here. It was such a delicious dish and was almost over that night. Though the original recipe called for baking, I ended up cooking it on the stove top on my Le Creuset. I used the following vegetables chopped: Potatoes, zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, celery, red and orange bell peppers, onion. I sautéed these vegetables, added enough water, seasoned with vegeta, salt & pepper. I also added a handful of Arborio rice and a cup of Israeli cous-cous. Covered and simmered till all the water is used up and garnished with chopped mint. Made for a filling vegetable dish. 



I am sending this dish to the food blogging event Dish Name Starts with: D, hosted by Akila's Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments, we appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...