I made this soup at the beginning of winter and just never got around to posting it. I love the combination of the Japanese white sweet potatoes and peanuts. Quinoa just made this a lot more wholesome. The pleasures of a simple recipe!!!
Ingredients: 1 Sweet Potato (white) - chopped; 1 small zucchini - chopped; 1 medium onion - sliced; 1/2 red pepper - chopped; 2 cups vegetable stock; 1 cup quinoa - rinsed well; 4-5 tbsp peanut butter; salt & pepper.
- Saute the onions in a little olive oil.
- Add the chopped sweet potatoes, bell pepper - saute for a few minutes.
- Add the stock and cook till the potatoes are almost tender.
- Add the zucchini and the quinoa. Season with salt & pepper.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the peanut butter.
- Serve hot & enjoy!