May 4, 2010

Almond Crescents from Morocco ~ Kab el ghzal

I made these Almond Crescents for a crunchy something to go along with the Venezuelan Coconut Rice Pudding a couple of weeks back. This was another recipe from Global Vegetarian Cooking by Troth Wells. The recipe was simple, but the only problem was the baking times from the actual recipe that called for 40 minutes. When I took them out in about 20, they were already getting burnt on the bottom. Anyways, if anyone is going to try this, please make sure you keep an eye on the timer. In spite of the little darkness, I scrapped the bottom burnt part and they tastes delish. I have to try them again with only 10-15 minutes of baking.

Preheat the oven at 375F. In my food processor I basically added about a cup of blanched almonds, about 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and ground the almonds. Then I added about 1/4 cup more sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4tsp almond extract, 4 tbsp rose water and processed to a dough like consistency. Then roll them out into desired size, shape to a crescent on the baking sheet. Brush egg-wash on top of the cookies and sprinkle some sesame seeds. Bake for 15 minutes or until they are golden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments, we appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...